- PepsiCo sales pass the $1 billion mark. The company has 36,000 employees.
- PepsiCo moves from New York City to new world headquarters in Purchase, N.Y. The
new corporate headquarters feature a building by one of America's foremost architects,
Edward Durrell Stone (1902-1978), set on a campus of 144 acres amid an outdoor sculpture
- Frito-Lay begins a program of expansion. Over the next decade, the company opens,
on average, more than one new plant a year.
- W.C. Fritos is introduced as Frito-Lay's new advertising mascot.
- Wilson Sporting Goods, a top name in sports equipment, joins PepsiCo. It is divested
- Pepsi introduces the industry's first two-liter bottle.
- Pepsi is the first company to respond to consumer preference with lightweight, recyclable,