- PepsiCo passes $7 billion in sales.
- Tostitos brand crispy round tortilla chips are introduced by Frito-Lay.
- PepsiCo Fitness Center is completed; making PepsiCo one of the most advanced companies
in the area of employee health and fitness.
- Frito-Lay begins nutritional labeling on a national basis.
- "Pepsi's got your taste for life!" is the new campaign.
- PepsiCo and China reach agreement to manufacture soft drinks, with production beginning
- PepsiCo launches PepsiCo Food Systems (PFS), its restaurant supply company. PFS
is sold to AmeriServe in 1997.
- "Give me a Dew" succeeds the slogan "Reach for the Sun, Reach for a Mountain Dew."