- PepsiCo is now the largest company in the beverage industry. The company has revenues
of more than $7.5 billion, more than 137,000 employees.
- Pepsi-Cola products are available in nearly 150 countries and territories around
the world. Snack food operations are in 10 international markets.
- Frito-Lay expands into new headquarters in Plano, Texas.
- PepsiCo's first line of sweet snacks, Sonrics, is added in Mexico.
- The cola war takes "one giant sip for mankind," when a Pepsi "space can" is successfully
tested aboard the space shuttle.
- Pepsi's successful "Entertainment Marketing" strategy is extended, with singers
Lionel Richie and Tina Turner and actor Michael J. Fox, among others.
- Pepsi distributes products in China.