- PepsiCo acquires an equity interest in Wedel SA, the leading manufacturer of chocolate
and confectionery in Poland Snacks now include operations in 23 countries.
- Pepsi-Cola introduces a new logo, its eighth in 93 years. Advertising features rap
singer MC Hammer.
- Pepsi-Cola forms joint venture with Thomas J. Lipton Co. to develop and market tea-based
- Frito-Lay launches Sunchips, its first multigrain snack.
- Frito-Lay introduces Cheetos Paws.
- Frito-Lay introduces Tostitos brand Restaurant-Style tortilla chips.
- Ray Charles teams up with the Uh-Huh Girls. The slogan for Diet Pepsi is modified
to "You Got The Right One Baby, Uh-Huh!"
- PepsiCo purchases an equity position in Carts of Colorado, Inc., the leading manufacturer
and marketer of mobile merchandising equipment. It is sold in 1995.