- Pepsi-Cola revives its "Pepsi Challenge" advertising campaign. Challenge includes
Pepsi One and Diet Coke as well as regular cola.
- Pepsi-Cola teams up with Yahoo Inc., the biggest web navigation company, in a multimedia
marketing campaign aimed at teens and young adults.
- Tropicana, in a joint venture with Galaxy Foods Co., will introduce an icy smoothie
soy milk-and-fruit drink, made with juice, fruit puree along with soymilk and soy
- Aquafina brand bottled water becomes the best-selling brand of single-serve bottled
water in US retail channels.
- PepsiStuff.com, a web site for merchandise, discounts and digital music files from
biggest names in movies, music, video games, apparel and sports is launched in joint
promotion with Yahoo.
- Pepsi-Cola launches "Sierra Mist" a caffeine-free, lemon/lime soda.
- The North American Coffee Partnership launched Caramel-flavored bottled Frappuccino
Coffee Drink - the sixth flavor addition to its popular line of ready-to-drink coffee.
- PepsiCo, Inc. reaches agreement to acquire a majority stake in South Beach Beverage
Company, whose highly innovative SoBe brand has made it one of industry's most successful
- PepsiCo, Inc. and The Quaker Oats Company reached an agreement to merge.
- PepsiCo completes the acquisition of a majority stake in South Beach Beverage Co.
- PepsiCo sales are $20 billion and the company has 125,000 employees at year end.
- PepsiCo launches Diversity@work, http://www.pepsico.com/diversity website.