- Pepsi-Cola Company launches Dole single-serve juices in vending machines, coolers
and other retail outlets throughout the United States.
- Pepsi-Cola's flagship brand will have new tagline, "The Joy of Pepsi."
- Tropicana celebrates a company milestone - 300 billion fresh oranges squeezed since
the company began making country's first ever mass distributed, not-from-concentrate
juice in 1947.
- Tropicana introduces Smoothies. A natural juice-based product, smoothies combine
fruit juices and non-fat yogurt into a smooth, filling drink that delivers nutrition,
taste and convenience.
- Pepsi-Cola launches the bold new Mountain Dew Code Red nationwide. It is Mountain
Dew's first line extension since the introduction of Diet Mountain Dew in 1988.
- May 2 -The Board of Directors of PepsiCo, Inc. elected Steven S Reinemund chairman
of the board and chief executive officer, succeeding Roger Enrico who will become
vice chairman. The board also elected Indra K. Nooyi as a director and gave her
the additional title of president of PepsiCo in addition to CFO.
- Frito-Lay introduces Lay's Bistro Gourmet potato chips.
- Pepsi-Cola Company introduces a "Pepsi Twist." Regular and diet versions of the
crisp new cola with lemon are entering retail outlets in selected U.S. markets.
- SLAM, the orange brand Mirinda, is launched in Italy.
- PepsiCo acquires Tasali Foods, Saudi Arabia's leading snack company.
- On August 2, PepsiCo merges with The Quaker Oats Company, creating a $25 billion
food and beverage company focused on the rapidly growing consumer demand for convenience.
- Tropicana Pure Premium Low Acid orange juice makes official debut at Tropicana 400.
- Diet Sierra Mist is Introduced.