- Pepsi-Cola launches Sierra Mist nationally.
- PepsiCo launches "Get Active/Stay Active" program.
- Quaker Chewy introduces Quaker Chewy Wholesome Favorites and Quaker Chewy Trail
- Gatorade unveils In-Car Hydration System for NASCAR Drivers.
- SoBe sponsors U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships.
- Pepsi announces plans to launch Mt. Dew LiveWire, an orange drink, this summer.
- Pepsi-Cola signs an exclusive four-year sponsorship deal with the Canadian Hockey
Association, making Pepsi the official soft drink.
- Pepsi announces four-year sponsorship agreement with the UK Football Association.
- Frito-Lay announces new line of snacks made with organic ingredients called "Natural
- "Pepsi Stuff" Campaign kicks-off in Canada.
- Frito-Lay finds winner of "Would You Name Your Baby Horton" search celebrating the
"re-birth" of its Ruffles brand. The child will receive $50,000 college tuition
fund from Frito-Lay.
- PepsiCo creates PepsiCo International, the business that will unite all international
snack, beverage and food units in an effort to drive faster growth and improved
profitability around the world.
- PepsiCo releases a Spanish-language "Power of One" television commercial starring
Puerto Rican singer and actor, Ponce, and Velasquez, Mexican-American singer and
- Pepsi-Cola trademark turns 100 years old.
- Quaker rolls out new Oatmeal Breakfast Squares.
- Pepsi Vanilla is launched in the United States.
- Tropicana introduces Tropicana 100% Juice Blends.
- Pepsi unveils a new tagline: "Pepsi. It's the Cola." It is the brand's first major
campaign shift since 1999 and highlights how Pepsi goes with everything from food