Quaker Oats Redesigns Americans' Mornings, Starting With Breakfast
CHICAGO, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new survey by Quaker Oats,* the nation's leading hot cereal company, the majority of us believe eating a healthy breakfast is essential for anyone looking to get a jumpstart on their morning yet nearly half do not eat breakfast every day.
For many, skipping breakfast can negatively impact their whole day and as a result, families across the country are looking to redesign their morning routine. Eating breakfast ranks at the top for what they feel would help them get a better start. To help meet the challenges that modern day mornings bring to life, Quaker is partnering with "The Biggest Loser" fitness trainer Bob Harper to help Americans take back their mornings, one healthy breakfast at a time.
"Our priority is to teach people the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast and motivate them to rethink what it means to start their days with an amazing morning that includes Quaker oatmeal," said Shelley Haus, Director of Breakfast, Quaker Oats. "Through our partnership with Bob Harper, we will work together to energize consumers and provide them with ways to live a healthier lifestyle starting with their morning routine."
Quaker "Amazing Mornings Contest"
As part of Quaker's "Amazing Mornings" campaign, the brand is searching for three Americans who need help in resetting their morning routines. Beginning today through October 8, consumers can visit www.Facebook.com/Quaker to enter the Quaker Amazing Mornings Contest for the opportunity to win a one-on-one meeting in their hometown with trainer Bob Harper. During his visit, Bob will analyze each winner's current morning routine and provide them with personalized health and nutrition tips to help them live healthier, more satisfying lives. They will also receive four weekly visits from a local registered dietitian and a two month supply of Quaker's new oatmeal varieties. Each winner will document their journey to be shared on Quaker's Facebook page beginning in November.
"It's time for Americans to reprioritize their mornings – and eating a healthy breakfast should be a top priority for both children and adults," says Harper. "We all know breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day, which is why I'm so excited to work with Quaker to help more Americans jumpstart their morning routines."
In addition to starting your morning off right with a healthy breakfast, below are simple tips Harper recommends to easily make over your own morning routine and enjoy a healthier life:
- Step Away From the Phone. Turn off or leave your handheld computer or phone in another room while getting ready in the morning. Although you may think you're multitasking, you're actually causing yourself stress. Instead, relax while getting ready by listening to a favorite CD or radio station.
- Add Whole Grains. Complement your breakfast with more whole grains to help get you to your next meal.
- Family Matters. Connect with your family. Spend a few minutes with your kids or significant other to talk about their day – it'll help with their health and well being.
New Oatmeal Varieties for Kids and Adults
In addition to launching the Amazing Mornings Contest, Quaker is introducing three new products to encourage Americans to take the time for breakfast:
- NEW Quaker Hearty Medleys Instant Multigrain Hot Cereal offers a blend of four different heart healthy whole grains, including oats, wheat, barley and rye that provide a good source of fiber and nutrients. The new Quaker Hearty Medleys is available in two flavors: Apple Cranberry Almond and Banana Walnut.
- NEW Quaker Mix-Up Creations Instant Oatmeal come in five delicious flavors in half pouch servings and are perfect for kids to add their very own touch to breakfast by mixing together different flavors of oatmeal into unique combinations. Each box comes with three different delicious flavors in 1/2 pouch servings to encourage kids to mix and match any two varieties to create their own oatmeal flavor. The five individual flavors are packaged in two variety packs: Blueberry Blast, Banana Slamma and Apple-tastic, and Mapl-icious, Cinn-O-Man and Apple-tastic.
- NEW and Improved Quaker Instant Oatmeal offers 25 percent less sugar, bigger oats and all natural flavors for everyone to enjoy in three of consumers' favorite flavors: Apples & Cinnamon, Maple & Brown Sugar and Cinnamon & Spice.
Quaker's new products are currently available nationwide in most grocery stores at a suggested retail price of $3.99.
*About Quaker's Amazing Morning Survey
StrategyOne, a full-service market research and strategic communications agency conducted an online national survey among 2500 respondents between the ages of 18 and 64 years old. Statistics were analyzed based on the top 25 metropolitan areas as defined by the census CBSAs (Core Based Statistical Area). Note that all significance tests were conducted at the 95% confidence level.
About Quaker Oats
The Quaker Oats Company has been a leading, trusted company for 133 years, providing the whole grain goodness of oats across multiple hot and cold varieties from oatmeal to cereals and snack bars such as Quaker Life and Quaker Chewy Granola Bars. The Quaker Oats Company, headquartered in Chicago, is a unit of PepsiCo, Inc., one of the world's largest consumer packaged good companies. For more information, please visit www.QuakerOats.com.
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 19 different product lines that each generates more than $1 billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses - Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade - also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries. With annualized revenues of nearly $60 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth, called Performance with Purpose. By dedicating ourselves to offering a broad array of choices for healthy, convenient and fun nourishment, reducing our environmental impact, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, PepsiCo balances strong financial returns with giving back to our communities worldwide. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
Candace Mueller Medina
Quaker Foods & Snacks
Edelman Public Relations
SOURCE Quaker Oats