Home » Media » Inside Scoop » PepsiCo makes its mark at South by Southwest 2012; Check out the company's presence and on-site activation
PepsiCo makes its mark at South by Southwest 2012; Check out the company's presence and on-site activation
Friday, March 09, 2012
This story ran in PEPline, PepsiCo’s global employee newsletter, and is proudly brought to you by a PepsiCo employee or a friend or family member of a PepsiCo employee.
|The zeitgeist at PepsiCo Central, SXSW 2012. |
For the fourth year in a row, PepsiCo is creating rich experiences for digital influencers and attendees at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2012, an internationally recognized interactive, music and film festival in Austin, Texas.
This year, four of PepsiCo’s billion-dollar brands will be onsite, including a first-time appearance by Doritos and engaging activations from Pepsi, Mountain Dew and Brisk. PepsiCo will also host the "What If? Unconference," where attendees will collectively brainstorm ideas about what the future might look like by applying digital solutions in surprising ways.
Here’s a first look at some of PepsiCo’s activations at SXSW:
- Each day, PepsiCo is hosting brainstorming sessions in PepsiCo Central, designed to tap the most innovative minds to think through challenges and drive discussion around current events. Specific brainstorm prompts will be teased each day prior to the onsite "What If? Unconference" on Bloomberg West, as part of a unique and integrated content partnership between PepsiCo and the digital-focused national television program
- PepsiCo Central in the Austin Convention Center is designed to be the ultimate collaboration and creative-thinking space:
- The reimagined PepsiCo Zeitgeist, a real-time ticker of social media activity around SXSW to showcase the “digital pulse” of the event
- Wall-to-wall whiteboards and interactive screens for real-time brainstorms during the "What It? Unconference" sessions
- A Livescribe data feed of notes, doodles and conversations from SXSW recorded by 200 PepsiCo Livescribers
Stay tuned to PEPline and check out PepsiCoCentral.com for a full schedule of the "What If? Unconference" sessions, as well as recap videos, photos, Livescribe notes, blog posts and more.
- PepsiCo Hi-Fi, an innovative iPhone app which creates music from PepsiCo products. Check out a recent Fast Company article about the new Hi-Fi app and boombox
- A sampling bar features beverage innovation flavors and a social vending machine and digital cooler highlighting core beverage flavors
- For the first time, PepsiCo is matching its SXSW activities with in-store promotions at more than 150 local retailers around Austin and San Antonio, Texas
Read the full press release.