Our Goals and Commitments
Respect the human right to water through world-class efficiency in our operations, preserving water resources and enabling access to safe water.
- Improve our water use efficiency by 20 percent per unit of production by 2015.
- Strive for positive water balance in our operations in water-distressed areas.
- Provide access to safe water to three million people in developing countries by the end of 2015.
Land and Packaging
Rethink the way we grow, source, create, package and deliver our products to minimize our impact on land.
- Continue to lead the industry by incorporating at least 10 percent recycled polyethylene terephthalate (rPET) in our primary soft drink containers in the U.S., and broadly expand the use of rPET across key international markets.
- Create partnerships that promote the increase of U.S. beverage container recycling rates to 50 percent by 2018.
- Reduce packaging weight by 350 million pounds–avoiding the creation of one billion pounds of landfill waste by 2012.
- Work to eliminate all solid waste to landfills from our production facilities.
Reduce the carbon footprint of our operations.
- Improve our electricity use efficiency by 20 percent per unit of production by 2015.
- Reduce our fuel use intensity by 25 percent per unit of production by 2015.
- Commit to a goal of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG ) intensity for U.S. operations by 25 percent through our partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Climate Leaders program.
- Commit to an absolute reduction in GHG emissions across global operations.
Respect and responsibly use natural resources in our businesses and in the local communities we serve.
- Apply proven sustainable agricultural practices on our farmed land.
- Provide funding, technical support and training to local farmers.
- Promote environmental education and best practices among our associates and business partners.
- Integrate our policies and actions on human health, agriculture and the environment to make sure that they support each other.