Above: Indra and Saad engaged with business owners during a market tour.
Below: PepsiCo India leaders joined Indra and Saad on the last day of their trip.
PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi visited India for a three-day trip in June. Accompanied by PepsiCo AMEA CEO Saad Abdul-Latif, Indra covered significant ground in her interactions with PepsiCo associates and external partners related to various initiatives.
At a dinner with business partners and bottlers in New Delhi on the first day of the visit, Indra addressed the latest economic and market trends and how to seize business opportunities.
On day two, a trade market tour allowed Indra and Saad to engage with business owners about their in-store product and promotion executions. Later that afternoon, Indra attended a series of presentations made by various PepsiCo India teams. Among the highlights:
- The Executional Excellence Program of brand Pepsi -- showcasing PepsiCo India’s domination during the Cricket World Cup
- PepsiCo Farmer’s Friend -- detailing how India’s agro team is building an advantaged supply chain through partnerships with farmers
- Sales Go to Market -- elaborating on the work around the go-to-market transformation in Beverages and Snacks
- Talent Sustainability Journey -- focused on “Building Outstanding Leaders for Tomorrow”
- Innovating for the Climbers -- exhibiting the two pilot programs of Gluco Plus and Asha, the first steps toward PepsiCo India’s vision of “Nourishing and Delighting Every Indian Everyday”
After the presentations, Indra and Saad interacted with associates at a town hall, highlighting the strong emergence of India on the global political, economic and cultural stage and the changing face of PepsiCo against this backdrop.
On the final day of her trip, Indra met with the young managers of PepsiCo India, where her insights were received with enthusiasm. At a time when the country is registering nearly eight percent growth, Indra’s visit underscored the ongoing growth of PepsiCo in India.