Strong corporate governance is and has been a long-standing priority at PepsiCo. We believe strong corporate governance is the foundation for financial integrity, investor confidence and sustainable business performance. At PepsiCo, we are guided by the belief that acting ethically is not only the right thing to do, but the right thing for our business.
To the World:
Investors and stakeholders need to know that corporations have strong governance frameworks that balance stakeholder interests and support a culture of ethical behavior.
Our Board of Directors sets the tone at the top, demonstrating and emphasizing openness, honesty, fairness and integrity in the Boardroom and across the Company.
To strengthen our corporate governance, we have taken the following actions:
- Adopting Corporate Governance Guidelines that establish a common set of expectations to assist the Board and its Committees in performing their duties, reviewing these Guidelines at least annually and updating the Guidelines as appropriate to reflect changing regulatory requirements, evolving best practices and input from our shareholders and other stakeholders;
- Adopting our Global Code of Conduct and overseeing compliance, including ensuring corporate culture is on the Board agenda;
- Holding regular executive sessions between the Audit Committee and our Global Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer;
- Establishing a means for employees to raise issues to the Board, and encouraging a culture of trust so that employees at every level feel comfortable speaking up about concerns; and
- Fostering a corporate culture of integrity and risk awareness through the Board’s oversight over PepsiCo’s integrated risk management framework, which includes the Board’s review of specific high-priority risks on a regular basis throughout the year.
Learn more about our corporate governance practices, including our policies and Global Code of Conduct, on PepsiCo’s Corporate Governance and Global Code of Conduct pages and in our most recent Proxy Statement.
April 6, 2023