In response to the devastating wildfires in Hawaii, PepsiCo and the PepsiCo Foundation are partnering with local organizations to support relief efforts by providing meals, water, and other critical resources for impacted communities on the island of
With over 400 associates in Hawaii, employee safety is a primary concern. PepsiCo and the PepsiCo Foundation are working closely with associates in the region to ensure they are safe and to provide resources to support their ongoing recovery.
Mobilizing quickly with its partners and those within the community, PepsiCo and the PepsiCo Foundation are providing more than $150,000 in support of relief efforts including by:
- Supporting The Salvation Army’s Maui Wildfire Relief efforts which will help to provide an estimated 12,000 meals to people who have been displaced from their homes. The support will also help the Salvation Army provide wrap-around services
- including food boxes, hygiene kits, infant kits, and kitchen items - to families and individuals who have lost their homes once they are safely in transitional housing.
- Providing 20,000 meals through the PepsiCo Foundation’s Food for Good program to children in Maui schools. These shelf-stable meals will be provided in partnership with Gold Star Foods, a GS Foods Group Company.
- Donating more than 6 pallets of Frito-Lay products and 20 pallets of Aquafina bottled water for those in need through local partners including Maui Food Bank and Aloha Harvest.
- Activating PEPhelp, an employee assistance program that provides financial assistance to PepsiCo employees affected by natural disasters.
To further support wildfire relief efforts, the PepsiCo Foundation will match employee donations to organizations providing critical relief for impacted communities.
As the situation continues to evolve, PepsiCo and the PepsiCo Foundation will continue to explore ways to expand their support for impacted associates and communities in the days ahead.
PepsiCo and the PepsiCo Foundation urge others to offer their support. Donations can be made online in support of relief efforts to The Salvation Army,
American Red Cross and the Maui Food Bank.